Total Pageviews

Friday, July 2, 2010

Tether Children

Come now with me, my incendiary tether children
Come hide your mean breezes in my weathered crooks and elbows
We are not who we were
And the prime meridian runs swift over the deep

Come now with me, my conduits
From shore to shore you call like forgiveness at funerals and gas station pumps
You are not in the way
You are not out of the way
You are the way in the Way

Come now with me, my devourers
Singer-song-like you perch in arms of steel
Not caring for the cold and the dark
But not caring about it, either

Come now with me, my diligent breathers
Like hospital floors and frames without mats
Hold me like you mean it
Three seconds and I'm gone
Gone
Gone

Come now with me, my incendiary tether children
And I will teach you fire and string and love

And you will never be the same.

-July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment